- COMMITMENT TO ACCESSIBILITY
We care about accessibility and aim to provide as many alternative navigation solutions and pleasant experiences of our website as possible. We are committed to the ongoing work of making our website’s content accessible and usable for all people by meeting or exceeding the requirements of the Web Accessibility Initiative’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
We have implemented the following accessible universal design principles:
– High color contrast has been used to limit eye strain for visually impaired and color-blind visitors;
– A design grid has been created, and content has been placed in grouped areas and sequential order for easy scrolling;
– Purposeful alt tag image descriptions have been added so that screen reader users can understand images
– Hyperlinks have been added, granting easy access to additional information connected to the highlighted word;
– Heading and button definitions have been included so that screen reader users can understand important wayfinding and information; and
– Extreme juxtaposition of copy size has been avoided so that magnification and keyboard-only users do not find it too intense.
If you are a looking for accessibility guidance for your business or non-profit website, we recommend digital accessibility consultant, Itto Outini. She is journalist, Fulbright scholar, accessibility consultant, human rights activist, and author of the forthcoming memoir, Blindness is the Light of My Life.
Found an issue?
It’s likely. Sites need consistent monitoring and updating to keep up with updates to hardware, software, and third party tools, as well as individual users’ preferences. If you encounter any accessibility related issues, we would love to hear from you.